Tuesday 20 June 2017

The social justice mindscape


Preface:

I know this piece might ruffle some feathers, but how can I truly call myself a writer if I use my talent only to construct flowery ethereal offerings, yet remain silent on issues of tangible consequence? 

I am aware that not all advocates of social justice behave in the manner described herein, but from what I can see, those wielding the most power and influence certainly do.
________________________________________

Women's voices matter as long as they are used to cry "Misogyny!" Gay voices matter as long as they highlight the "narrow mindedness" of heterosexuality. Trans voices matter as long as they push for the recognition of a gender spectrum which directly conflicts with objective reality. Disabled voices matter as long as they conform to the role of pitiful victim. Non-white voices matter as long as they base their worth on the unchosen colour of their skin. Oh, and white voices? Their only value is as self-loathing slaves to the cause.

Remind me how this is a movement for the greater good?

No comments:

Post a Comment