Wednesday 15 June 2016

A Reason to Go On

In the last month and a half, I've been through the greatest period of suffering in my life, which quite frankly already presents a variety of challenges and difficulties. As this is a publicly accessible space, I won't get into specifics, but the trauma has been severe enough that for the first time in almost 26 years, I seriously considered suicide as a means to silence the screams inside my head.

I'm one of the lucky ones; I've had the blessing of family and friends to pull me from that dark path and help me find meaning again. I came across the video below about 15 minutes ago. Its creator is DoctorRandomercam, a YouTube personality, comedian and human rights activist.

In it, he passionately articulates one of the most beautiful arguments against ending one's own life that I've ever heard. If you've come across my blog and are battling to see why you should continue to exist, I implore you to watch this, please.



No comments:

Post a Comment