Wednesday 15 June 2016

The thing about time travel

According to some physicists, with the necessary technological advances it may be possible for humans to engage in time travel. If you ask me though, we already do. Okay, I'll admit that we can't yet physically transport ourselves into the past or future, so I suppose I'm talking about it in the philosophical sense.

Consider this; when you read a book or listen to a song on an album, your present is occupied by a creation from the author's past. What's more, if it's something you particularly enjoy, you probably recall where you were and how you felt when you first did so. Therefore I'd argue that although your body didn't go anywhere, in a way, your mind journeyed into the past, I can't speak for anyone else, but I reckon that's pretty cool.


If the concept of time travel intrigues you too, here's an article which presents some of the leading theories on the subject.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment